After The Book of Mormon opened on Broadway in 2011, it made its way to London’s West End in 2013. Winner of 9 Tony Awards, 5 Drama Desk Awards, a Grammy, 4 Olivier awards and 4 Whatsonstage Awards, The Book Of Mormon‘s reputation precedes it. So, how do you get a ticket without breaking the bank?
- The Daily Lottery. Two and a half hours before every performance (7:30pm Monday-Saturday, 2:30pm Wednesday and Saturday) a tombola style lottery is run outside the Prince of Wales Theatre. If you win, tickets are limited to 2 per person and are £20 each for the front row, which is an excellent price for this show.
- The Weekly Lottery You can enter a lottery online every week, from midday on Wednesday, for performances the following week. Again, tickets are £20 each.
- TodayTix don’t often have tickets discounted, but they’re always worth a look.
- Get Into London Theatre. The Society of London Theatre runs Get Into London Theatre in January and February. There are £10, £20, £30 and £40 tickets (they increase in quality of seat, with price of ticket) for many shows. There’s no telling whether all price points will be available for The Book Of Mormon when it next comes around, but it’s definitely worth checking out. Just a heads up – you get priority booking if you have a mastercard.
- Use SeatPlan to see the view from a seat before you buy it – but don’t buy directly from SeatPlan as they’re rarely the cheapest or best value, but it’s a useful tool for buying seats from elsewhere.